Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nicaragua adventures

Goodbye Florida, hello Central America!


Wow, I've been gone for over a month. It amazes me that one day I'm kyaking in an 80 degree volcanic lagoon and less than a week later I am zipping my jacket up to my chin and snapping into skis. Add in a terrific travel buddy, new friends along the way and good food. Could I be any more lucky?



Nicaragua is an amazing place full of kind people (people patient with my fourth grade spanish), great adventures and the largest papayas that I've ever seen. At night people pull rocking chairs onto the sidewalks and sit with their neighbors while the kids play soccer in the street. Riding a bike with three people plus an infant seems to be a special Nica talent. Eating in a restaurant often means sitting on the patio of someone's house for an hour while they fire up the wood stove and cook whatever they decide you are having. All with beer reminiscent of PBR. good times.



Well, it's good to be back but the beach weather was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment