Friday, December 9, 2011

Little greens


The used to see plates being garnished with micro-greens. They were something I could appreciate, bringing some visual freshness to a plate and tasting nice; but I wouldn't say there were anything to get excited over.

But now, move over micros; make way for sprouts. Sprouts are something I can really get behind. They have that same freshness, but in bold and underlined. They are growing on your windowsill ready to be used, sold at farmer's markets and have great variety of flavors.

While I was visiting Merritt's Table (amazing food, great wine, go there if you are in Florida) the chef had sprouts from a local farmer that were delivered still growing in the containers. Brussell sprouts, radish sprouts, sunflower sprouts....all super vibrant in color and flavor. Different sprouts were paired with different dishes. I had spicy sprouts on a beet and citrus salad, perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment